English 8 Goals and Objectives
English 8 will encompass reading, writing, computer use, and speaking skills. The objectives are, but not limited to, the following:
- Students will demonstrate the understanding of figurative language, word relationships, effective word choices for mood, tone, and nuances.
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of language and its rules when writing, speaking, reading, and listening.
- Students will demonstrate the command of English grammar and usage when writing, editing, and speaking.
- Students will analyze themes, patterns of events, character types and point of views, figurative and connotative meanings, tone, and textual evidence.
- Students will cite textual evidence to support or not support a statement or idea.
- Students will analyze the purpose of information presented in diverse media and evaluate the motives behind its presentation.
- Students will provide objective summaries of given texts and articles of the week.