Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I request transcripts after I graduate?
    Please bring, or mail, a letter with your current name (and your name while you attended Flushing), your date of birth, and year of High School graduation to the High School Guidance Office along with a stamped, addressed envelope to the college or business where you need your transcripts sent.  There is a $2 fee.  You will need to fill out a transcript request form that can be found on the main page of the Guidance Office webpage.

    You can also register with Parchment and request that your transcript be sent electronically.

    How do current students request transcripts?
    Students will go to and create an account.  All transcript requests will go through that account.  If the college application was sent online, the accompanying documents and official transcript should be sent as soon as possible after the online application.  If there is a counselor page (in your online application), please print that out and bring that to your counselor for completion. 

    Is there a timeline for what my High School senior should be doing?
    Your senior should be applying to colleges, gathering letters of recommendation, visiting campuses, attending college rep visits at school, looking for scholarships, filling out financial aid etc...  They should make an appointment to discuss these steps with their counselor.

    How does a student see his/her counselor?
    Students can request to see their counselor at any time during the day.  They can stop into the Guidance Office and if the counselor is available, they will see you, if they are busy, ask the secretary if you can put your name on a pass for the counselor to call you down when they are available.  Students are not allowed to just sit and wait for their counselor to become available.

    Where do students register for testing such as the ACT or SAT?
    Students can visit the ACT website or the SAT website and find the latest registration information and testing centers.

    How do I enroll my child in the High School?
    Please stop by the Attendance Office and pick up an enrollment packet.  Please also contact the Guidance Office to set up an appointment to see your counselor.  Please bring with you proof of residency and records/transcripts from the previous school with you.

    What are the graduation requirements?
    Graduation from Flushing High School is based upon the successful completion of a minimum of 22 credits in grades 9-12.  Our graduation requirements can be found on our High School homepage.